News & Events
Deaf people have created vibrant communities around the world, including active faith communities that contribute to a globally diverse Church. How do Deaf Catholics use language, community and culture to experience the faith? In a Zoom webinar, Lana Portolano, author of the newly published "Be Opened: The Catholic Church and Deaf Culture" (CUA Press, 2020) and Professor of English at Towson University, Maryland, joins College of the Holy Cross Deaf Studies Professor Stephanie Clark, an expert on Deaf culture, to explore the intersection of Catholic life and Deaf culture.
- New Journal issue explores Catholic pilgrimage and place-making in Eastern Europe - July 10, 2020
- Catholics & Cultures cosponsors Ivory Coast conference on New Communities - March 17, 2020
- A message to educators: Free, online resources available for distance learning - March 17, 2020
- Peter Phan highlights role of migration throughout Church history [VIDEO] - March 28, 2019
- Experience 360° video of Holy Week liturgies in Lviv, Ukraine - March 5, 2019