News & Events
This three-day symposium will gather an international group of both emerging and established scholars for an intensive and first-of-its-kind forum of interdisciplinary exchange on the theme of global Catholicism and media technologies. Co-sponsored with McGill University and the University of North Carolina Charlotte.
Juliana Flinn, professor of anthropology at the University of Arkansas Little Rock and author of Mary, the Devil and Taro: Catholicism and Women's Work in a Micronesian Society (University of Hawaii Press, 2010), describes how gender roles among Pollapese Catholics in Micronesia are inspired by a strong image of Mary.
The event is free and open to the public.
- Peter Phan highlights role of migration throughout Church history [VIDEO] - March 28, 2019
- Experience 360° video of Holy Week liturgies in Lviv, Ukraine - March 5, 2019
- Fenggang Yang explores the Christian growth in China [VIDEO] - October 15, 2018
- Rev. Lawrence Fernandes, S.J. shares study of lived Catholicism in India - September 5, 2018
- Religious imageries at Polish Catholic shrines focus of new Journal issue - June 6, 2018