Thank you for contributing content to Catholics & Cultures. Please use the following guidelines when capturing and submitting video and photography.
When shooting video footage,
- Hold your camera horizontally.
- Capture people and action, not just buildings and still life.
- Pan and zoom slowly and smoothly. Try to hold the camera steady. It helps to use a tripod, monopod or lean your arm on something.
- Make sure your audio levels are not too high (causing distortion) or too low.
When editing your video for submission,
- Keep the original audio; do not dub recorded music or sound over it. Please consult us before dubbing translations of audio.
- Create any titles on a white background. Do not use subtitles or overlay titles on video footage.
- Use simple cuts, cross dissolves or fade to black. Do not use any fancy transitions.
- Send still photos separately as jpgs. Do not embed them into the video.
- You must have created and/or have permission to use all content, including video and still imagery, words and music.
When sending your video,
- Send in an uncompressed format. Preserve the aspect ratio. Keep the video on the same settings as the original footage.
- Preferred video format is 1080p (full HD) or 720p at 29.97 (or 30) frames per second.
- Accepted file formats: MP4, MOV, FLV
- Include captions, title information or other descriptions in an accompanying file.
When taking photographs,
- Horizontal photos are preferred.
- Include people and action in your shots, not just landscapes and still life.
- Make sure the subject is in focus, and the lighting is adequate.
When editing photographs,
- Do not add effects, titles or borders to the image.
- Do not crop the image too tightly. Be sure the photo can conform to a 3 x 2 aspect ratio.
When sending photographs,
- Photographs should be at least 900 pixels wide.
- Accepted file formats: JPG, PDF, TIFF, EPS or PNG. Do not embed photos in Powerpoint slideshows, movie files or Word documents.
- Include captions and credits for each.